I’ve always been a big fan of Dave Barry, especially for use in the bathroom. The Washington Post printed his year in review. Here’s a snip:
How weird a year was it? Here’s how weird:
- O.J. actually got convicted of something.
- Gasoline hit $4 a gallon — and those were the good times.
- On several occasions, “Saturday Night Live” was funny.
- There were a few days there in October when you could not completely rule out the possibility that the next Treasury secretary would be Joe the Plumber.
- Finally, and most weirdly, for the first time in history, the voters elected a president who — despite the skeptics who said such a thing would never happen in the United States — was neither a Bush nor a Clinton.